How to take care of your leather in
5 simple steps.
Do you know the old couple who lay at the beach all day every day? The ones who resemble shrivelled prunes? Don't let your leather goods end up like them! Keep them youthful and supple with just a little bit of TLC. It's a simple and speedy process that will make a big difference in the longevity of your leather.
To keep your leather happy and clean, avoid surface build-ups forming over time. Quickly wipe over your leather every other day with a soft cloth. For a more thorough clean use the Stitch & Hide Leather Conditioner twice per year and follow the steps below.
5 Simple Steps To Take Care Of Your Leather:
- 1) Wipe down your goods to remove any dust particles.
2) Apply a small amount of the Stitch & Hide Leather Conditioner to a soft, lint-free cloth.
3) With small, circular motions work the conditioner into the leather evenly.
4) Leave an hour for drying and assess if a further coat is needed.
5) Allow up to 24 hours for your goods to cure before using them again.
- 6) Make sure your leather stays soft, luminous and young by avoiding rain, spills, dirt, salt water or long exposure to direct sunlight.
*Always test a hidden area first and allow it to dry overnight before you begin a full condition. The above directions are for the Core, Classic and Washed Collections. (We don’t advise conditioning our Men’s Heritage Wallets, suede or leather with an open finish).
Did you know that every leather (just like people sunbaking on the beach) will age slightly differently? You might find some of your bags and wallets wear in quicker than others. Learn to love the stages of leather as they age. Some will change colour, and your leather will soften with wear. This is the beauty of handmade real leather instead of mass-produced synthetic versions.
If you ever find any of your pieces needing a little extra TLC, you can bring them into our Stitch & Hide Byron Bay HQ and our team will clean, refresh and revitalise them for you. We will bring your accessories back to their best, using our very own Stitch & Hide leather care products - free of charge.
Not a local? You can always purchase our Leather Conditioner and follow the care guide above.
Our guide is not a strict set of rules to follow, but a series of steps to help point you in the right direction to extend the life of your leather and keep it looking younger for longer!