Here at Stitch & Hide we employ responsible practices all the way to the consumer. We encourage customers to shop consciously by buying high quality products they love and that will last for years to come. We encourage you to care for your leather goods, using our leather care products to extend the life and longevity of your products.
To avoid surface build-ups forming over time, quickly wipe over every other day with a soft cloth. For a more thorough clean use the Stitch & Hide leather conditioner twice per year. This will keep your leather soft and supple.
6 simple steps to take care of your leather:
1) Wipe down your goods to remove any dust particles.
2) Apply a small amount of the Stitch & Hide Leather Conditioner to a soft, lint-free cloth.
3) With small, circular motions work the conditioner into the leather evenly.
4) Leave an hour for drying and assess if a further coat is needed.
5) Allow up to 24 hours for your goods to cure and absorb the conditioner before using them again.
6) Make sure your leather stays soft, luminous and young by avoiding rain, spills, dirt, salt water or long exposure to direct sunlight.
*Always test a hidden area first and allow it to dry overnight before you begin a full condition. The above directions are for the Core, Classic and Washed Collections. (We don’t advise conditioning our Men’s Heritage Wallets)
Every leather will age slightly differently. You might find some of your bags and wallets “wear in” quicker than others. Learn to love the stages of leather as they age. Some will change colour, and most will soften with wear. This is the beauty of handmade real leather instead of mass-produced synthetic versions.
If you ever find any of your pieces needing a little extra TLC, you can bring them into our Byron Bay HQ and our team will clean, refresh and revitalise them for you. We will bring your accessories back to their best, using our very own Stitch & Hide leather care products - free of charge.
Not a local? You can always purchase our Leather Conditioner and follow the care guide above.
Our guide is not a strict set of rules to follow, but a series of steps to help point you in the right direction to extend the life of your leather and keep it looking younger for longer